1. Buyer don’t need to make compromises -- there is a great selection and lots of options in this market.
2. There is almost no competitive bidding in a buyers market.
3. Real estate is a great alternative to stocks it has never failed us making it relatively risk free in comparison to other investments.
4. The appreciation on real estate is based on the value of the real estate not amount you invested.
5. Sellers are motivated. List prices more reasonably reflect market conditions and you can make an offer without undue concern that it will be rejected without a counter.
6. Patience is tolerated; buyers can take their time looking for properties before making a decision without fear that it will be gone in a few hours.
7. Due diligence is expected. In this market a buyer is encouraged to obtain a home inspection, termite inspection, and appraisal.
8. There are plenty of specs ready for immediate occupancy and builders are being aggressive with pricing and offering huge incentives.
9. There are far fewer investors driving prices up.
10. Buyers can find affordable homes closer to work and within biking or walking distance to schools, rapid transit lines, and relatives.
11. Fixed rate financing is back. FHA financing, first time homeowner bond programs, special loans for teachers, and police officers are back in business.
12. Many companies have stopped issuing stock dividends. Real estate investments can provide a steady income stream and, if purchased through an IRA, the income flows back to the retirement account.